Terms and Conditions
1. GROUP CLASS TERMS AND CONDITIONS
All participants need to complete a PARQ form before taking part in a lesson. This should be filled out to the best of the participants knowledge and Laura is happy to go through the form over the phone with a new participant. If anything needs updating on the form please contact Laura by using email@example.com
Classes must be booked in advance and are non refundable*.
*A full refund will be given to a PAYG member if the class they have booked is cancelled. In the very unlikely event classes have to stop immediately with no indication of a reasonable recommencement date or substitute online offering a refund of the remaining classes will be issued to block bookings and any PAYG bookings.
From time to time Laura may need cover, this will be communicated at the earliest possible time by phone and email. All cover instructors will teach to a high standard. In the unlikely event a cover teacher can not be found the class will be cancelled and will roll over if booking a course.
The time of a class may change to accommodate additional classes being added to the timetable, any changes made will be in consultation with participants and with plenty of notice. Additional classes will allow for flexibility if a participant needs to miss their regular class please see below for further information.
Please be friendly and courteous to class participants, Laura and cover teachers. Not adhering to the rules e.g . any aggressive or intimidating behaviour would result in termination of the mutual contract, regardless of upfront costs with no refunds issued.
All participants should follow Government guidance in relation to Covid. There are strategies in place if you are unable to make a class. Please refer to the Class Information page including the LV Yoga Covid video and contact Laura if you are unsure.
To add some flexibility to the 6 week courses participants have 8 weeks to take 6 lessons. If participants are required to self isolate or have another reason why they can not make the class these extra weeks are put in place for that reason. Once the timetable grows and there are more classes available participants can also swap to another class if there is space in the same week.
If a participant needs to isolate again during the 8 weeks Laura can record herself teaching and send any participant the recording after the lesson. Please notify Laura ASAP so the technology can be set up.
Where possible Laura would really appreciate 24 hours notice if a participant is unable to make a class. Firstly in case Laura needs to set up additional technology in order to send a video, secondly due to limited amount of spaces available the place could be offered to a prospective participant or PAYG customer.
In the event of a 4th lockdown
Classes will transfer to online using Google Meet. Participants will also be sent a recording of the class. Laura is happy to advise with how Google Meet works and wouldn't want this to stand in any participants way.
Laura would really like to keep the classes going online if required in order for participants to 1) not to lose motivation 2) receive the benefits of a consistent approach to training 3) support the income for LV Yoga Studio.
2. DATA PROTECTION - INTRODUCTION
Laura wants to make sure that you know where your information is being used. This privacy notice provides you with details of how Laura collects and processes your personal data through your use of the site Pilates with Laura, including any information you may provide through the site when you purchase a product or service, sign up to a newsletter or take part in a prize draw or competition.
By providing Laura with your data, you warrant to Laura that you are over 13 years of age.
Pilates with Laura is the data controller and is responsible for your personal data (referred to as “Laura”, “her” or “she” in this privacy notice).
Full details are:
Full name of legal entity: Pilates with Laura
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Postal address: 8 The Badgers, Netley Abbey, Southampton, SO31 5PT
Telephone number: 07835893810
If you are not happy with any aspect of how Laura collects and uses your data, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). Laura would be grateful if you would contact her first if you do have a complaint so that she can try to resolve it for you.
It is very important that the information Laura holds about you is accurate and up to date. Please let Laura know if at any time your personal information changes by emailing email@example.com
Laura is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should Laura ask you to provide certain information, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. Pilates with Laura may change/update this policy, therefore we advise you check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
This policy is effective from 30.11.20
3. WHAT DATA DOES LAURA COLLECT ABOUT YOU
Personal data means any information capable of identifying an individual. It does not include anonymised data.
Laura may process certain types of personal data about you as follows:
· Identity Data may include your first name, maiden name, last name, username, marital status, title, date of birth and gender.
Medical Data may include any health conditions that may need to be considered if increasing your physical activity levels.
· Contact Data may include your billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
· Transaction Data may include details about payments between us and other details of purchases made by you.
· Technical Data may include internet protocol addresses, browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, time zone setting and location, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this site.
· Profile Data may include your username and password, purchases or orders, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
· Usage Data may include information about how you use our website, products and services.
· Marketing and Communications Data may include your preferences in receiving marketing communications from Laura and your communication preferences.
Laura may also process Aggregated Data from your personal data but this data does not reveal your identity and as such in itself is not personal data. An example of this is where we review your Usage Data to work out the percentage of website users using a specific feature of our site. If Laura links the Aggregated Data with your personal data so that you can be identified from it, then it is treated as personal data.
Laura does not collect any Sensitive Data about users of the websites. Sensitive data refers to data that includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data. Laura does not collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
4. HOW LAURA COLLECT'S YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Laura collects data about you through a variety of different methods including:
· Direct interactions: You may provide data by filling in forms on our site (or otherwise) or by communicating with Laura by post, phone, email or otherwise, including when you:
· order products or services;
· subscribe to a service or publications;
· request resources or marketing be sent to you;
· enter a competition, prize draw, promotion or survey; or
· give Laura feedback.
· Third parties or publicly available sources: Laura may receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources as set out below:
· Analytics providers such as Google based outside the EU;
· Advertising networks Facebook based inside [OR outside] the EU];
· Contact, Financial and Transaction Data from providers of technical, payment and delivery services such as Stripe based inside [OR outside] the EU.
· Identity and Contact Data from data brokers or aggregators Mailchimp Customer Management Systems [should you become a member of the mailing list] based inside [OR outside] the EU].
5. HOW LAURA USES YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Laura collects data in order to fulfil a variety of obligations, and she will ensure that those sharing data with her are aware of what information is mandatory and what is optional in order for her to fulfil those different obligations.
Under the terms of the GDPR, Laura collects and processes this data on one or more of the following bases:
· Consent: for example, when you provide Laura with your email address and formally opt-in to receive marketing communications from her.
· Contractual obligations: for example, in order to deliver contracted products and services to centres and / or individuals, Laura may use an individual’s personal information to contact them directly
· Legitimate interests: for example, in order to assist with complaints or appeals or to optimise your website experience
Laura does not rely on consent as a legal ground for processing your personal data, other than in relation to sending marketing communications to you via email or text message. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Purposes for processing your personal data
Set out below is a description of the ways Laura intends to use your personal data and the legal grounds on which she will process such data. Laura has also explained what her legitimate interests are where relevant.
Laura may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground, depending on the specific purpose for which she is using your data. Please email email@example.com if you need details about the specific legal ground Laura is relying on to process your personal data where more than one ground has been set out in the following table.
You will receive marketing communications from Laura if you have:
· requested information from Laura or purchased goods or services from Laura; or
· if you provided details when you entered a competition or registered for a promotion or free resources; and
· in each case, you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
Laura will get to your express opt-in consent before she shares your personal data with any third party for marketing purposes.
You can ask Laura or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time [by following the “unsubscribe” links on any marketing message sent to you or OR by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org at any time].
Where you opt out of receiving our marketing communications, this will not apply to personal data provided to Laura as a result of a product/service purchase, warranty registration, product/service experience or other transactions.
Change of purpose
Laura will only use your personal data for the purposes for which she collected it, unless she reasonably considers that she needs to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to find out more about how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please email email@example.com
If Laura needs to use your personal data for a purpose unrelated to the purpose for which she collected the data, she will notify you and will explain the legal ground of processing.
Laura may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent where this is required or permitted by law.
6. DISCLOSURES OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Laura may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below for the purposes set out in the table in paragraph 5 above:
· Service providers who provide IT and system administration services.
· Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services.
· HM Revenue & Customs, regulators and other authorities based in the United Kingdom and other relevant jurisdictions who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances.
· Client Management Systems and email providers such as Mailchimp.
Laura requires all third parties to whom she transfers your data to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. Laura only allows such third parties to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with her instructions.
7. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS
Sometimes Laura may use international software companies such as Mailchimp and Stripe.
Countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) do not always offer the same levels of protection to your personal data, so European law has prohibited transfers of personal data outside of the EEA unless the transfer meets certain criteria.
Many of Pilates with Laura third parties service providers are based outside the European Economic Area (EEA) so their processing of your personal data will involve a transfer of data outside the EEA.
Whenever Laura transfers your personal data out of the EEA, she does her best to ensure a similar degree of security of data by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
· Laura will only transfer your personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission; or
· Where Laura uses certain service providers, she may use specific contracts or codes of conduct or certification mechanisms approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe; or
· Where Laura uses providers based in the United States, she may transfer data to them if they are part of the EU-US Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between the Europe and the US.
If none of the above safeguards is available, Laura may request your explicit consent to the specific transfer. You will have the right to withdraw this consent at any time.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you want further information on the specific mechanism used by Laura when transferring your personal data out of the EEA.
8. DATA SECURITY
Laura has put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, she limits access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know such data. They will only process your personal data on Laura's instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
Laura has put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and she will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where she is legally required to do so.
9. DATA RETENTION
Laura will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, Laura considers the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether she can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
By law Laura has to keep basic information about customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they cease being customers for tax purposes.
In some circumstances you can ask Laura to delete your data: see below for further information.
In some circumstances, Laura may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case Laura may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
10. YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. These include the right to:
· Request access to your personal data.
· Request correction of your personal data.
· Request erasure of your personal data.
· Object to processing of your personal data.
· Request restriction of processing your personal data.
· Request transfer of your personal data.
· Right to withdraw consent.
You can see more about these rights at:
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please email email@example.com
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, Laura may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, Laura may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
Laura may need to request specific information from you to help her confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. Laura may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up her response.
Laura will try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, Laura will notify you and keep you updated.
11. THIRD-PARTY LINKS
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. Pilates with Laura does not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave Pilates with Laura website, Laura encourages you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
Last updated: 30.11.20
Cookies are small pieces of text sent by your web browser by a website you visit. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows the Service or a third-party to recognize you and make your next visit easier and the Service more useful to you.
Cookies can be “persistent” or “session” cookies.
When you use and access the Service, Pilates with Laura may place a number of cookies files in your web browser.
Laura uses both session and persistent cookies on the Service and Pilates with Laura use different types of cookies to run the Service:
– Essential cookies. Laura may use essential cookies to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts.
In addition to Pilates with Laura's own cookies, there may be various third-parties cookies to report usage statistics of the Service, deliver advertisements on and through the Service, and so on.
Please note, however, that if you delete cookies or refuse to accept them, you might not be able to use all of the features this site offers, you may not be able to store your preferences, and some of the pages might not display properly.
You can learn more about cookies and the following third-party websites:
Network Advertising Initiative: http://www.networkadvertising.org/
The testimonials given on this site are individual to each participant, results will vary on an individual basis.